What is Dermaplaning?
This safe and highly effective physical exfoliation procedure removes the top-most layer of dead skin along with fine vellus hair, also called “peach fuzz.” Dermaplaning will reduce the build-up dead surface skin leading to more vibrant and even skin tone and texture. It’s more aggressive than a microdermabrasion, but similar to a peel, without the downtime!
What are the benefits of dermaplaning?
- Temporary removal of “peach fuzz” covering the face, leading to more vibrant and even skin tone and texture.
- Removing the epidermal skin also allows products to penetrate more readily into the deeper layers of the skin.
- Increase the production of collagen and elastin to fight signs of aging
- Hyperkeratosis reduction. Dermaplaning will reduce the build-up of dead surface skin that causes acne.
- No downtime, immediate results
Who is the best candidate for dermaplaning?
- Dermaplaning is beneficial for patients with rough, dry skin; superficial hyper pigmentation; mild acne scarring and those with fine lines and wrinkles. However, it is not advised to those with acne
How is dermaplaning performed?
After cleansing your face, our skin care specialist will use a small, surgical blade to gently scrape the surface of the epidermis with light, feathery strokes. Dermaplaning will remove dirt, oil , dead skin cells and vellus hair, leaving the skin smooth and vibrant!
What can I expect?
There is no recovery time associated with the procedure, you will not leave with red or irritated skin. Make-up and other facial products can be applied immediately following dermaplaning.
Will my vellus hair grow back thicker, faster, or darker?
No, the procedure does not trigger hair follicles. The light vellus hair that you may have on your faces will grow back at the same rate and texture and color as before the treatment.
How often can this procedure be performed?
Dermaplaning will remove about 3 weeks worth of dead surface skin cells so it is best to wait around 3 to 4 weeks between procedures.
Please stop any Retinol or glycolic products 72 hrs before treatment.